I chat to Hayley Webster, author of JAR BABY and MEET THE TWITCHES. We talk about the origins of her love of reading, the ways a story engages your senses, and her approach to writing across genres, from mystery to literary fiction to memoir to children’s adventures.
This is a great episode to listen to if you want to know:
– how do I write a book for children?
– what’s it like working with an illustrator?
– is it okay to work on multiple projects?
– do I need to stick to one genre?
– how can I make my writing vivid?
– how can I develop my confidence as a writer?
– what’s it like working with an agent?
– what are different ways I can get a book deal?
Here are links to a couple of Hayley’s books she mentions. Please support her career and this podcast by clicking the links below and treating yourself to some of her work.
I’m a professional author. If people buy my books I can keep working and feed my family. Also my books are dead good. Please consider purchasing for yourself or as a surprise present for a loved one: THE HONOURS.
If you’d like to help me out with the hosting costs of the podcast, you can drop me a buck or two here.
Thank you very much. I appreciate your support.